The only thing certain about life is its uncertainty. The proper insurance planning is necessary to protect your loved ones and your assets. Whether the life changing event is an illness or injury leaving you unable to work, the diagnosis of a critical illness or death there is a policy available to protect your family and your estate.
Investments are a large part of your overall financial picture. At Cooper, we are here to help you navigate the waters of investing . Whether saving for retirement, living comfortably in retirement today, saving for a child or grandchild’s education, or for a purchase down the road, we can help smooth out the choppiness and guide you into harbour. Our aim and our mission is to make the journey as pleasant as possible.
Guaranteed Issue products are available with no medical evidence required! Ideal for those individuals with health concerns – coverage can still be obtained! Available products: Life Insurance, Disability, Critical Illness and Health & Dental.
HealthSure - Medical Access Insurance is an exciting insurance that provides expedited access to private medical services for insured individuals who are on a Canadian medical wait list of 45 days or more.
Pre-trip Preparation is more than just packing your suitcase - it's about getting your travel documents in order, ensuring you have the proper immunizations and medications and obtaining adequate travel insurance in the event of a medical emergency while out of your province or country.
The privacy commissioner of Canada defines privacy as an individual's right to maintain control over the uses and circulation of his or her personal information.
Our commitment to you
At Cooper Financial, our commitment to protecting the confidentiality and security of our client's personal information is an integral part of our corporate values. Cooper Financial has adopted the ten privacy principles established by the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the protection of personal information. These ten principles form part of the Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act. This Act establishes the rules governing the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
Why we ask for personal information
We ask for your information to establish and service your needs as a client. The personal information we ask for depends on the product or service you are requesting. For all products and services provided by Cooper Financial. we need your name, address and some form of identification.
Here is why we need other information we ask you provide:
Birthdate: By providing us with your birthdate we are able to better identify you and ensure that no one is trying to impersonate you. We may also use your birthdate to determine your eligibility for products and or services that you are requesting.
Financial Information: By providing us with your financial information, we are able to assess your eligibility for certain products and services.
Health Information: Your health information is required for certain products and services to ensure you are eligible for coverage.
Our Ten Privacy Principles
- Accountability: All employees of Cooper Financial are accountable for protecting the confidentiality and security of all personal information under their control.
- Identifying Purposes: We will identify the purposes for which your personal information is being collected either before or at the time of collection.
- Consent: We will explain the reason for and obtain your consent before using your personal information for any purpose, except where otherwise required or permitted by law. Your medical and health information will only be shared with your consent. Cooper Financial does not sell, trade or rent its clients' personal information to any organization for any purpose.
- Limiting collection: We will limit the collection of your personal information to only those details that are necessary for the purposes identified
- Limiting use disclosure and retention: We will only use your personal information for the identified purposes, unless you have consented otherwise or when its required or permitted by law. Your personal information will only be retained for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to meet any legal or regulatory requirements.
- Accuracy: We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and amend it as necessary.
- Safeguards: We will protect the personal information we collect from you with security safeguards. We have measures in place to secure our paper files and computer systems.
- Openness: We will make available to you the information about our policies and practices relating to the management of your personal information.
- Access: We will give you access to your personal information at your request, subject to any legal or business restrictions.
- Challenging Compliance: You may contact us with any questions, concerns or suggestions with respect to our ten privacy principles.
CALL 1.866.475.0552 OR 250.475.0557
“Many years ago, in the midst of a hectic career as an artist and film-maker, Carol Cooper of Cooper Financial managed to persuade me that taking Critical Illness Insurance was a Good Idea. It was not an easy task: I typically look at life in project-sized gulps, not what might happen in distant futures. Only it wasn’t a distant future, when I had my heart-attack; it was a few days after turning 60, in the peak of health. Suddenly, I could no longer travel, and work was reduced from all-nighters to a handful of hours. When Carol reminded me about the Insurance—which, surprise surprise, covered eventualities like heart attacks—it seemed as magical as any Act Three twist ending. The payout granted me the time to heal, to take care of my family without worry, and to reflect on how amazing it was to have met a Guardian Angel so long ago, whose speciality, it seems, is getting though thick skulls with Good Ideas. My eternal thanks, Ms. Cooper (who also had the grace not to say 'I told you so', even though, once upon a time, she did).”
(Concept Artist for The Jungle Book, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Star Wars I, II, III and The Force Awakens).